About Me

My photo
Thanks so much for visiting! This is where you'll see what I've been up to lately and snippets of who I am. I hope you stay a while and browse! Email me at photos.byLoria@yahoo.com for any questions!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Baby Karis :: The Arrival!



Few words can express the honor it is to be present at the birth of a child.  The honor goes even further when this child is family to you.  I'm an aunt many times over, but I gained all of my nieces and nephews by marriage . . .  until now.  Every niece and nephew is still incredibly important and adorable to me, but this is the first time that one has been family ever since she was first created.  Basically, what I'm trying to say is . . . this is awesome!!
I hope you enjoy these photos that tell the story of Jessica and Jonathan welcoming their new daughter into the world!

At home for the last time as a family of two . . . .


The first serious contractions have set in.  She looks so calm, so focused. 




A "little" while later . . . .
Mom is handed her baby girl for the first time!



They named her Karis Joy.  Karis is a Greek name that means "grace."








A little family time . . . .






In this next one, I can't help but picture Karis saying, "Are you my Daddy?"








Sleepy baby . . . .


Karis's first smile?


I think it's time to let this family be . . . Karis is getting a little tired.
 

Thank you so much to the proud parents for allowing me to document this time for you!  Congratulations!  I can't wait to spend time with my new little niece again!

2 comments:

  1. Loria the pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!!! Jessica and Jonathan are so blessed to have these! She is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was one of the coolest things I have ever seen!! What an Awesome picture story of this Beautiful new God given life!!

    ReplyDelete

Wedding Wire Couples' Choice Awards Winner!

Weddings, Wedding Venues
Photos by Loria, Best Wedding Photographers in St. Louis - 2014 Couples' Choice Award Winner